Saturday, November 16, 2019

Fury vs Wilder rematch: When is it?

Fury announced in July that his rematch against Wilder will take place on February 22, 2020.
The Gypsy King beat Sweden’s Otto Wallin on September 14 in a gruelling battle.
The Bronze Bomber is set to defend his WBC title against Luis Ortiz on November 23 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
The two will then clash once again providing Wilder comes through his fight unscathed.
Fury said: “The Wilder rematch has been confirmed and signed. 22nd of February, it’s on. “This time, I haven’t been out of the ring for three years. This time, I haven’t been abusing too much alcohol. And this time, I’m going to knock him the f*** out.”
Wilder added: “All contracts have been signed already. It’s officially on.
“As I always say I’m the realest champion in the business and as I’ve mentioned before I must handle all my controversial fights ASAP.
“By no means am I looking past Ortiz. He’s a dangerous fighter but I am looking through him.”
But that will not be the end, as Fury has claimed that there will be a third battle between the two in June next year to complete a trilogy of bouts.
Fury vs Wilder rematch

Fury vs Wilder trilogy fight : Where will it be?

The first bout was held at the Staples Center in LA in December 2020.
The location for the rematch is yet to be confirmed but it will likely be on American soil again.
Wilder will be putting his WBC belt on the line and hasn’t fought outside the US since 2014.
The MGM Grand in Las Vegas, where Fury beat Tom Schwarz in June, and the Barclays Center in Brooklyn are the favourites to host the mouthwatering clash.